Thursday, January 20, 2011

Kids Ask Tough Questions

Elizabeth is a wonderfully dramatic and mature little girl. From the moment she was born, she has been independent and has commanded our attention. There have been few moments since that she hasn't intrigued us with questions and wanted answers to the toughest questions.  Just the other day, she was asking me "where do you go when you die" and "why can't bugs talk like big human people" and "why can't Jackson go potty like I can".  Oh, and did I mention that these questions were all in the course of a 20 minute drive home from daycare?  Yep - no rest for the weary.  I don't want to lie to my child, but I also am a big talker so "brief" answers are not my forte.  (Just hang out a while and you will realize my fabulous conversational abilites.  Trust me.)  So I am learning to get creative in my responses and am becoming quite a master in "changing the conversation" to avoid answering the questions that I don't know.  (Yes, I am avoiding my 5 year old's questions and yes, I tell her to "ask her father" quite frequently.)  Did I fail to mention that it is my husband's fault that my oldest child asks so many questions?  He is constantly questionning everything - guess she inherited that from him.....

No comments:

Post a Comment